Click On The Icons To See Our Pages

Stay updated with the latest products, straight to your Inbox!


Welcome to Quiapo Vintage Camera Shop!

Quiapo Church. This area is an inspiration behind the name of our shop.
Shot with Nikon D5200 + Nikkor Auto-S 50mm f/1.4 (Pre-AI) + 0.21x Fisheye Adapter
Unedited and uncropped.



Hello everyone! I'm Rattus Yu, please allow me to tell you a short story of how we came up with this shop...




The very first time I ventured into photography was in 2011 with a very cheap digital camera. I wasn't seriously into photography at that time, but as a blogger, this is an important tool for telling your story or product reviews, sort of like what you do in journalism.

Throughout the years, my previous cameras felt limiting but I wasn't ready to invest in a DSLR yet. After gaining a serious interest in photography in 2015, finally decided to upgrade in August of that year.

My buddy, the Nikon D5200 is always in my bag and we often go out together for a practice. Whether just a few random snapshots on the way to work or home. The kit lens was really good in terms of sharpness, contrast and colors. But like the rest of you, I felt the need to look somewhere else after a while.

Welcome to Quiapo Vintage Camera Shop!
Shot with a Soligor 80-200mm f/4.5 Telephoto Lens
Unedited and uncropped



Since a young age of 3, I already found myself hunting for vintage stuff locked up somewhere in a storage room at home. That's how I discovered my grandfather's vinyl collection and shared his love for classical and opera music. (He was long gone at that time)

Now, it's the vintage bug that bit me again. This time, with camera lenses. Vintage lenses and camera stuff are attractive to me because they look different, have strong build and are also very affordable. The manual focus and challenge in using them further adds to the excitement.

You also get that strange feeling of holding a piece of history, wondering who the previous owners were, what its previous life was like, and what fond memories it helped to preserve.

Welcome to Quiapo Vintage Camera Shop!
Shot with Nikkor 43-86mm f/3.5 + 0.21x Fisheye Adapter at night
No crop. The only edit here is the removal of the vignetting from the sides.



This is my story for opening this shop in March 2016 -- so that I would be motivated to further hunt for vintage and rare items (if lucky). Through this shop, there's a sustainable way for me to discover stuff, take them out for a test and review, then pass them on at reasonable prices to make people happy.

We preferably stick to selling vintage stuff. If you want any items that are not currently in our catalogue, we can hunt them for you. To message us, you can visit our FB page or simply click on the blue icon 'CONTACT' at the bottom right corner of this screen.

Lastly, I hope you don't mind checking out my other links and drop a comment in any of my posts. Thanks! =)

Welcome to Quiapo Vintage Camera Shop!

========================================

Your generous donations help me to review more products
and re-sell them at budget prices.
That way, more people will become happy!

========================================










2 comments :

  1. Love it. Hope to visit your shop one day. More power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by @TheTeleseryeGuy! We hope to bring more affordable products in the future. Please do share this with friends who might be interested. Have a good week ahead =)

    ReplyDelete

 

FB Feed

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Google+ Followers